just installed my first linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
well i got sabayon miniedition running and its my first linux os.
does anyone know of some cool things you can do. so far im really liking it.

also does anyone have the full version of it? and is it good?
and can i use partition magic, to do a dual boot with it?

also does anyone know of an instan messanger i can use with it?

fade2black2004 said:

does anyone know of an instan messanger i can use with it?

depends on what mail account your with. eg hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail etc also most instant messengers like msn have compatable versions that should be under your box

does anyone use the full version of this?
and is there one like it that uses a gui interface and is easy to use?

What are you talking about full version / mini version. There is only one kind of Linux - Linux. It's your fault if you choose a distribution which costs money or fails to include certain software such as GUIs and such.

Just use Ubuntu.

www.ubuntu.com

Or if it's a slow computer, use Xubuntu.

www.xubuntu.com

im talking about sabayon miniedition its the version of linux that i am using. the mini edition runs off the disk so i dont actually install it on my computer

idk where you got paying money or anything like that.

what i was asking is what other versions of linux are easy to use, and use a gui interface

All of them, they are all the same. Distribution = included software.

Just get Ubuntu ... it runs from CD if you want.

yea but ive seen people in my computer engineering class that use linux with only the command prompt so thats why i was asking about one with a gui interface because i dontl ike the command prompt lol

ubuntu is very user friendly and has taught me enough to be able to set up and use debian on an old laptop of mine.

Definately recommend it for beginners..
Can be run from cd or installed which is definately the best way. I recommend dropping windows altogether unless you are into games.. then have windows on 1 partition.. ubuntu on the other... very good setup then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom