Joining 2 like AVI files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanb0rn

Baseband Member
I'd like to simply join or attach two video files of exactly the same format (video and audio) and size and whatnot. I'd prefer to do a simple join without re-encoding if possible, but my AMD64 3200+ is up to the task if I have to encode anything.

I've tried burning DVDs with DVD Santa 4.0, but when I do a movie that comes in 2 files, DVD Santa does each half as its own Title. If there's a way to force DVD Santa to record to only one title, that would solve the problem.

One person on another forum recommended "All Video Joiner". I tried that, but it didn't actually join anything, it just doubled the size of the first file. (Well, it made a new file twice the size, I should say - the original was unaffected.) Someone else recommended Quicktime, which I already had... it said it didn't like the audio - unrecognized or something. The audio is Ac3 (and the video Divx 5).

Any suggestions?

lol! Trying all these freeware/shareware applications, and the one that comes with WinXP might work.

I find it funny... you go to import a video into Movie Maker, and it takes forever. Then you go to drag all of the clips into the timeline, and a window pops up saying it could take a few minutes... but it takes a second or two. Funny there was no such warning when I went to open the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom