iTunes DRM free and what it REALLY means

Status
Not open for further replies.
The iTunes store is fine if you listen to main stream dross but the moment you like something that has real tallend behind it you are right out of luck. And if your in the UK you can pay twice what the US and most of the EU pays for a track.

I cant count more than 5 songs that have been produced in the 10 years that are worth purchasing.

Personally, abusing BMG is still the way to go.

I find that statement very hard to believe. There's plenty of good music worth purchasing. And I know what you're going to say.... Pop music these days isn't worth a ****. And I agree, some of it is absolute crap. But some people like it. Some people brains don't respond to complex music. And as long as some people like it, some people will produce it. Supply and demand. iTunes pricing will go to $1.29 for new "hits," most likely because the labels aren't seeing "entire CD" sales. Consumers are buying the singles and picking apart their pop stars' albums. So instead of selling a CD at Tower Records back in the day for $20, they are selling 1-3 songs for $3 total. I'd be ****ed too.

On the other hand, this is good for the consumers because it is incentive for musicians to produce a better album. I have a few bands/musicians I absolutely love and will 99% of the time buy their entire CD, not to mention small EP's. On the other hand, I'll pick apart a CD that doesn't have any consistency in the production/lyrics/music. Musicians these days have to work harder to gain the full confidence of a fan.

This might be true, but 90% of the music i listen to is dance/trance stuff that really isnt sold and truth be told, all kind of blends together. My 8 bucks a month goes to XM radio for when i'm in the car and xmradio.com when i'm at home and want to listen. I havent bought/downloaded a single song in probably 10 years.

Edit, no i lied, i have downloaded stuff, but it was all free stuff that was offered to promote underground djs and stuff. I pretty much cant stand anything that is played on a top 40 station. The 3 stations i do listen to out here in CO all seem to play the same 10 songs over and over and over and over and over and over. So even if i did want to buy it, there wouldnt be much point as they'll just end up playing it on the radio 3-4 times a day.

Edit again, screw clear channel for killing all the good radio stations and making everything top 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom