It's calorie-burning time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
I've always been thin-ish, because I usually have a super-high metabolism. Also, I eat a lot. But I've never had a problem keeping myself looking good.

However, this summer I've been less active. I know it's a bad thing, but I spend a lot of nights out late, and I sleep in all day, so I don't find much time for physical activity anymore. And I've noticed I'm slowly getting a layer of fat over my stomach. I only really noticed today when I saw older pictures of my [shirtless] self. This put me in a big panic.

Now, the big problem is, as I said before, I like my food. I don't think I'd be able to decrease the amount I eat much. But as long as I burn more than I eat, I should slowly lose that fat, right?

I know situps don't do much for losing fat, they're more better for toning muscles. But I'm still going to do a minimum of 50 when I get up, and 50 when I go to bed. And also 25 push ups in the morning, 25 before bed. I'm probably going to start weight lifting again too. Haven't done that in a while.

Something else I'm new to, keeping your stomach muscles tight all the time. I'm not sure if this really works or not, I've tried researching it on the internet, but can't find much information? Does this burn many more calories than just relaxing your stomach? If so, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be doing this whenever I'm concious.

Also, is it true that if you drink large amounts of water (10 or more glasses per day), it will help your efficiency in losing weight? I'd also like to hear anyone elses tips to help me lose this fat.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Please, what ever you do... Eat quietly ok? General might hunt you down and go postal on you.

[sarcasm]Nah, he'll just IMAGINE killing you.[/sarcasm]

yes water does help alot because it makes you less hungry
ehhhhhhh no it doesn't. It makes you less thirsty maybe, but I sure as crap don't feel less hungry from drinking water.

I've basically quit sodas and am drinking about 6 bottles of water a day....I haven't really noticed any weight shed through better eating, climbing these stupid hills, and tons of water, but it's only been about 3 weeks for me and I dont have a scale.

As far as drinking water making weight loss more efficient I don't know. I know if you drink cold water your body uses more energy to water it up in your system so maybe that's what they are talking about.

Yeah. But it was calculated that drinking a gallon of ice-cold water every day only burns an extra 150 calories. Which isn't much at all... Probably not worth it for me, since I don't even like really cold water.

well then who cares. If you've got a fast metabolism then just get off your butt and go jogging, walking, playing tennis, whatever and you'll get back to normal.

actually, even though sit-ups are better for toning muscle, it is proven that the muscle burns fat, therefore, the more muscle you have in a certain area the more fat it wioll be burning. so i say do crunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom