It's been nice folding with ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Unfortunately I've been struck with a little money trouble and will no longer be able to fold.

Hopefully it's not a permanent halt, but in the words of the terminator, "I'll be back [I have a few things I gotta do]."

Until then, keep it flowin'.

That's too bad. But very understandable, alot of us are cutting back quite a bit because of the extra money it costs, im at half power right now. Elec bill gets pretty high when you start folding not to mention more then one rig. Well, hope you get everything sorted out and can continue folding in the future.

I'm not at that point yet, but I may be before long. Electricity around here is pretty cheap, but it has been climbing the past few years. Our light bill runs between 150-180, with 200 being our biggest this winter (electric heat pump and water heater). When I get my quad I will see how that goes. I'm not sure how the consumption will differ between my current setup and that.

Yup, I feel your crunch bud, my K9A2 on my folding rig is going bad, just a matter of time before it dies completely and my folding rig gets shelved for a while.

I'm not at that point yet, but I may be before long. Electricity around here is pretty cheap, but it has been climbing the past few years. Our light bill runs between 150-180, with 200 being our biggest this winter (electric heat pump and water heater). When I get my quad I will see how that goes. I'm not sure how the consumption will differ between my current setup and that.

Heh, thats quite sad how things are turning up these days.
You remember I had posted my mom and I getting into argument over the electric bill ?
In terms of my new pc it's not my fault, but something is gobeling down alot of juice.
Usually are winter electric bill is around 179.00 this year 349.00, are summer time bill ranges in that amount.
I am going to a city garage sale on saturday morning, and the first thing I am buying is a new window air unit.
Atleast then I won't need the main unit in the garage on during the evening hours.

Also I have been trying to fold 7 days a week with a 1 hour break during the day, but I think I will need to cut down to folding 5 days sa week.
I'm still trying to figure out if my pc is the main problem with electric bill or some other problem in the house.

Drag out some old bills from last year and compare the rate charged. Odds are it has gone way up.

My bill went up quite a bit letting my media PC run all the time. Luckily I have my work rig folding for me..."free" power there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom