Issue with shortcuts on desktop-site logos

Status
Not open for further replies.

notechiehere

Beta member
This is a small but annoying problem, that no one seems to understand. Since I've gotten my new HP laptop in the summer, whenever I create a shortcut to a favorite website to go on my desktop, it comes in as the e--the generic explorer e. So of course, I can't really differentiate all my e's on my desktop. Adobe, Norton, has their true 'e's' but my created shortcuts, even though the internet sites have them, reverts to the dreaded e...

Anyway, around this???

Internet Explorer 7 uses the same blue e look for links and for its program sometimes. You can either change the look of one icon at a time or you can use a different browser. I'd recommend switching away from internet explorer, but you can just right click on an icon, click "properties," find "change icon," and change it.

I think you'll find that all browsers do it, individually changing each one is the oonly way... that im aware of :rolleyes:

and the browser is all about personal preference, theres nothing wrong with IE

I know that you can right click and choose a generic icon, that isn't pertinent to the site I was surfing... It's weird, but it doesn't do this at work. And I know we are using IE, but I'm not sure what version.

Thanks, Tho'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom