Issue with bluetooth on Win10

Crenewer

In Runtime
Not sure this is the right place to start this thread, but here it goes.
I bought some wireless headphones to avoid that bad solder joints problem. So far, so good. I can use them on my smartphone just fine (although the audio jumps like half a sec sometimes. I think it's only while listening to music tracks, it doesn't happen on Youtube. Maybe it's my sucky phone, maybe that's the bluetooth, but It doesn't bug me).
What I did not know is that it would be hard to get them to work on my pc. There's supposed to be a "bluetooth" option in Action Center, but there isn't. The tab is also missing from "Devices" in settings. I found it on "Network & Internet" in the "Airplane mode" tab, but I can't click on it, it's in gray.
I tried installing the bluetooth drive from the laptop's manufacter downloads center. There were two drivers, one from Atheros and the other from Broadcom. The Atheros one had me to reboot but no changes were made; and the Broadcom one wasn't able to complete the setup because "No Bluetooth device was detected".
I also tried the "Connect" option in Action Center and it says "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support Miracast, so it can't project wirelessly.", then "Bluetooth is turned off. Turn it on to discover more devices." and "Make sure the device is turned on and is discoverable."
I even tried to start two bluetooth services.
So, what's the solution? Maybe my laptop isn't compatible with bluetooth.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Did you check the tech specs of your laptop to see if you even have Bluetooth on your model?

Does Device Manager display a Bluetooth device?

What's the full model # of your laptop?

Did you check the tech specs of your laptop to see if you even have Bluetooth on your model?

Nope, apparently it doesn't have the hardware. I have to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle. Dang it.
Thanks, wrote all that when it was simply missing hardware. I wish windows could tell me that in the beginning.

Nope, apparently it doesn't have the hardware. I have to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle. Dang it.
Thanks, wrote all that when it was simply missing hardware. I wish windows could tell me that in the beginning.

Well...it kinda did. All the Bluetooth stuff was missing when you tried looking for it ;).

Not sure this is the right place to start this thread, but here it goes.
Thanks in advance!
If these are your computer data, beneath this line, then do not search for the Bluetech mistake, but search for your computer error. The most probably chances are you will not find it. Why do I think so. I had a similar problem about a week ago and was looking for a long time, and found none.
Make the new clean installation of Windows and everything is ok. It is the fastest and safe method.

If these are your computer data, beneath this line, then do not search for the Bluetech mistake, but search for your computer error. The most probably chances are you will not find it. Why do I think so. I had a similar problem about a week ago and was looking for a long time, and found none.
Make the new clean installation of Windows and everything is ok. It is the fastest and safe method.

Wat.

I take it you didn't read the thread...

Well you don't expect to see wireless options in a desktop with no wireless card, right? They're either absent or disabled. Same thing for BT ;).

Back
Top Bottom