.iso or .avi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowsurfer, you really need to get to know eric. you know nothing of who he is - he is the most intelligable person i know about audio. and i know alot of people that are supposedly audiophiles. Eric taught me never to listen to what people say unless they have physical proof - 99percent of them do not.

These audio guru's you have heard of are people that spend there life on the forums listening to what people say, but they never check it for themselves. Someone says "these audio connects are amazing" and then suddenly everyone thinks they are amazing, and because they just spent £200 on them they swear blind that they are correct as not to humiliate themselves.

I would love to see you listen to two identical setups one with very cheep interconnects bought from a supermarket and one with handmade silver wire and perfectly shielded very expensive interconnects - i bet you see know difference. think about it a 230Volt 13amp electricity supply passes through a fuse with a tiny thin peice of wire thinner than your hair. What makes you think it is necessary to have 3 to 10mm thick copper wire when the current going through it is 1000's of times less strong - it is ridiculous.

It would be like building a road 200yards wide for a single car to go down, when it can travel just as quick and well down a road 3meters wide.

I will admit that i always thought the visual signal lost significant strength over several meters. I always thought that after 5 meters, you would need a expensive cable to keep the signal good and strong. I just saw what eric said, and i beleive him, i am not going to argue with him. I am going to get a HDMI cable that is 10meters long and compare it to one that is 1foot long and see the difference - just to see for myself (not that i am doubting eric's correctness)

It may seem like i suck up to eric, but i didn't when i first joined these forums, i was like you - i argued with him indefinitely. Now i have learnt not to, because he was right and i was wrong, and he always will be right.

S0ULphIRE had the right idea.
YAY! :D

ok, so can everybody stop all the fighting OR debating OR whatever-you-want-to-call-it and turn this back into a tech forum? (as opposed to a, um, arguing forum?)

nehuz, to the OP: When I started my collection I used to keep the whole disk, so at any point I could burn the ISO to a disk and have the original movie again. BUT I never ended up doing that, so all I was doing was wasting space (and making it harder to watch the movie on my pc).
As long as you compress the dvd to a reasonably high quality you can still convert the .avi (or whatever you convert to) back into an IFO/VOB format, and then burn that straight onto a dvd again should you want to watch the movie on a dvd player. You could even compress the ISO's as high as 1.2 gigs if you want great quality. That still is better than a 4 gig ISO.

ok, so can everybody stop all the fighting OR debating OR whatever-you-want-to-call-it and turn this back into a tech forum? (as opposed to a, um, arguing forum?)

nehuz, to the OP: When I started my collection I used to keep the whole disk, so at any point I could burn the ISO to a disk and have the original movie again. BUT I never ended up doing that, so all I was doing was wasting space (and making it harder to watch the movie on my pc).
As long as you compress the dvd to a reasonably high quality you can still convert the .avi (or whatever you convert to) back into an IFO/VOB format, and then burn that straight onto a dvd again should you want to watch the movie on a dvd player. You could even compress the ISO's as high as 1.2 gigs if you want great quality. That still is better than a 4 gig ISO.

No because then this wouldn't be the audio section :p

this was all that I was trying to explain to the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom