Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 2000 GB
Hard Disk Technology HDD 7200 rpm
Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA-300
Additional Drives DVD/CD-RW
Graphics Coprocessor ATI
Graphics Card Ram Size 2 GB
Graphics Card Interface PCI-E

You also get bioshock infinite tomb raider and far cry 3 blood dragon for 676.30

Not too knowledgable with PC parts but I do have a question:
I see the graphics processor is ATI brand and is 2gb, but what exactly is it?

Edit:
PP beat me :(

There is no Athlon 64 FX that will do 4GHz unless under LN2, or is 4 cores, or will support 16GB of RAM, so there is a no no right off the bat. Plus, ATI? Any real manufacturer will put AMD. If this is from a friend or local sale then they are lying.

bfmvhbif said:
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Type Athlon 64 FX
Processor Speed 4.40 GHz
Processor Count 4
An AMD Athlon 64 FX Series???

I saw this quote from a different forum about this CPU... "that cpu is great for workers in antarctica or any other cold-weather climate. It obviates the need for exotic heating solutions like "firewood" or maybe "wood burning stoves."

PP Mguire said:
There is no Athlon 64 FX that will do 4GHz unless under LN2, or is 4 cores
If this CPU is in fact the Athlon 64 FX-74, you're right this thing would fry at 4.4ghz. Also newegg says something about quad fx platform support?

Last edited:
An AMD Athlon 64 FX Series???

I saw this quote from a different forum about this CPU... "that cpu is great for workers in antarctica or any other cold-weather climate. It obviates the need for exotic heating solutions like "firewood" or maybe "wood burning stoves."

If this CPU is in fact the Athlon 64 FX-74, you're right this thing would fry at 4.4ghz. Also newegg says something about quad fx platform support?
The only consumer FX on a server platform is the 51 which was on S940 before it became socket AM2.

The FX series I'm talking about is FX53, FX55, FX57, FX60, and FX62. The 60 and 62 being dual core, while 51, 53, 55, and 57 are single core. Each one of them are the enthusiast line besides the server line, although the 51 was on a server platform it was also made for enthusiast. Regardless of which FX is in there, none are quad core, and none are capable of a 4.4GHz clock unless under unconventional cooling.

Besides all of those facts, the FX line is old and shouldn't be sold in a modern PC at a modern price.

PP Mguire said:
Besides all of those facts, the FX line is old and shouldn't be sold in a modern PC at a modern price.
I totally agree

This was the FX74 that I was talking about, they use to list it for $999!
AnandTech | AMD's Quad FX: Technically Quad Core
The 70-72&74 were the only quad athlon 64 cpu's on the market, and to achieve that you literally bought two separate processors. So clearly, these were meant for servers.

And also, none of the athlon 64 cpu's could support DDR3 memory, could they?

Oh man..I remember my dual Athlon fx build! One of the mosT exciting builds I've ever had... it's too bad core 2 duo spanked it.. and they got so hot they would heat up my room...whatever poor video card was housed in thE chassis with it as going to suffer for sure

Back
Top Bottom