Is this a decent gaming laptop?

PP, to get the Dell you want, you call them and personally order it up as you want. Dell has "streamlined" the website so as to get product out the door. Typical dell take what we show you, mentality.
The 17 has the option for a 60 or 120Hz option, 18 doesn't. Which is understand able, with 18 numbers probably being low.
Unfortunately you can't knock Dellianware for not having desktop CPUs in their setups, as they choose not to build those, or 17" SLI systems anymore. It's the same as saying Eurocom sucks as they don't offer an 18" option.
I only have an AW for the screen size, dual gpus were a bonus.

Eurocom and Dellianware choose different paths, but compare systems of like parts and you get like systems.

The screens on the Eurocom are literally an inch smaller. The mild difference shouldn't be an issue and IMO if you really need screen real estate then use a monitor on it. I have an 18.4" on my Toshiba and if it meant I had a much better laptop for the money I'd gladly use a 17.3" screen. (Which BTW Eurocom offers a module to do triple display)

The biggest point being here, that the 4 grand laptops from Alienware don't even compare to the 3 grand laptop from Eurocom, and they definitely don't support the upgrade option. Dell and Alienware would rather you order a new laptop in a few years if you need more performance. If they actually will send a tech out with a higher performance GPU (like a 680m to a 980m) to install it without giving you **** I stand corrected. I just don't see them doing that, whereas Eurocom actually has it all over their website.

I am comparing 2 ways of getting high performance laptops, and Alienware is clearly over pricing. That's my point. You pay for bling and name. The Eurocom is pretty ugly, but at least you get quality solid performance with the option to upgrade for your hard earned cash.

Well glad we got that all sorted before my thread was completely hijacked!

The laptop in question has been ordered after a lot of research and helpful information from people like yourselves.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom