Is their away I can access my folders on my network without shutting my firewalls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I have a quick question, I have zonealarm 6 on 2 computers in my home and I have both PC's networked however when I need to gain access to a printer another room I have to shutdown my firewall just to access that printer or a folder on my mom's dell. is there anyway I can have my firewall on and access my mom's folders and printers without shutting down the firewall ? also this also relates to remote desktop access in windows xp pro sp2.

thanks for any help.

There should be some configuration in your firewall that permits access to a certain IP Address. You can let each computer's firewall know the other computer's IP Address. This should allow packets coming from the other computer. This way you can have the firewall on and also access the other computer. In this case the firewall will be effective if the packets are coming in from some other computer/device in the network or from the Internet.

Cheers
Manvir

Thanks redhorn, now I can finally access my netowrk with the firewall on and without getting a backdoor trojan horse......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom