Is Magewell 4K Video capture card worked Steadily?

felixtime

Beta member
Recently, I am going to purchase a 4k HDMI video capture card for private use. I was advised to choose the 4K video capture card from Magewell. I need the capturing no choppy and no lag. Does this card can fit my request and any other suggestions are welcomed. Thx.

You say you need the capturing no choppy and no lag... what do you mean by that? By lag do you mean input lag like responce time? I wouldn't ever rely on a capture card to be used as an input for gaming. Depending on the card I rarely rely on a capture card to be used even for TV.. you'll run into linear audio sync problems, digital HDMI decoding takes time for linear footage so the responce time is pretty high...

I checked out the card you're talking about and this caught my eye.
Magewell's website said:
XI100DE-HDMI-4K
HDMI Input Format It meets the standard of HDMI 1.4a, supports 4096×2160@30fps 8-bit

I've never heard of Magewell.. I've always considered black magic the top of the line.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink

Last edited:
For whom may be interested in this topic, I did buy a Magewell card. It worked. I captured from my video camera. The price I got is lower than Blackmagic.

Back
Top Bottom