is it fast enough for Xbox live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I will be getting WildBlue satellite soon and i was wondering if it would be fast enough for Xbox live 512 down, 100 up thanks for any help

Sattelite probably isn't good enough for gaming of any sort, as although it has quite a bit of bandwidth it is very laggy, more so than dial up.

It's slow as **** compared to broadband and more expensive.

I've got 2272kbps down, 288kbps up and thats costing me £14.99.

I was quoted at a similar deal like you, for £30.00/mo it's crap, innit. Go with ADSL, mate.

Satellite is also vulnerable to atmospheric conditions, so if it rains hard or something like that, the signal dips in and out.

Well I live out in the middle of nowhere and that is all i can get is satellite trust me i have checked, but what is ADSL?

I believe it's Asynchronis DSL. Think it's a faster version of DSL that businesses use.

If you're in the country though, satellite may be the best bet. It should be fast enough for Xbox live, but I would expect some issues now and then on connectivity.

ADSL is the type of DSL most people use. Not just companies. Companies would probably get T3 or SDSL or something.

I would stick with 56k but I do alot of file downloading and with the crappy connection that i ALWAYS get it takes most of the time an hour or more with alot of the files i download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom