is database a suitable field for career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoneFire

In Runtime
What do you all think about database?
do you all think that database technology is a promising field in IT?
i would like to study more about database technology as well as programming.
so, do you all think that database technology is a good option for me? :rolleyes:

pretty broad question...

A database by itself is pretty much useless... Its the application that USES the database.

and yes, being a DBA is a very good field, but you will want other skills to compliment just being a DBA... (IMO)

DBA = Database Administration

note, you can say... that Databases are the most important tool in business... as everything is information and DB hold that information :)

If you have even the slightest interest in learning more about databases and how they are used, i say, dive right in my friend! start reading and trying to get your hands on various applications and get your hands dirty- play with it. This is pretty much how you go about anything you want to learn. IMO its the best way because you dont spend a ton of money on a class and half through you get discouraged and decide to try another career path. just my .02

SQL is great to learn, many many company's use this. Also PHP/MySQL is spreading like wild fire, maybe jump on the band wagon and see where it takes you.

ZoneFire said:
What do you all think about database?
do you all think that database technology is a promising field in IT?
i would like to study more about database technology as well as programming.
so, do you all think that database technology is a good option for me? :rolleyes:

It really comes down to what the data base is getting used in and how it's getting used. Like I was doing a lot in the way of Point Of Sales system a few years back.

Over all, I would be studying DataBases, Programming and then finish off with some other skill that you can apply those 2 skill too.

As for whether or not is a good skill for you. I am not sure what to say as I don't know you. However if I do know some one that get about AU$1000 per week as he trouble shoot data bases.
However this guy has a passion for data bases.

so far, i know that there are a lot of technology evolved from the database.
for example, data warehousing and data mining.
these are related new fields.
so what are the career prospects in database fields?

in fact, i found that database has became one of the most important asset for a company or organization.
without database, they can't organize or manage their data in a efficient way.just my 2 cents

^ yep, exactly. Its become crucial for large(even small) bussines' to incorporate a data base of some type to keep info up to date for their users to be more efficient at their jobs. Other reasons too but thats a big one. To know a type of db in and out will allow you to earn the big bucks in the corporate world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom