Irritated By Belkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzeith

In Runtime
Ok so heres the story:

I have a Belkin Wireless Router, and I've had this exact same product in the past with no issues. Anyways, its been working fine, but for some reason after 6 hours of having limewire open i lost my connection. Now everytime I open limewire I lose my cable connection (Cable modem hooked up to the wireless router). If I recycle the router everything works again.

I am a patient guy, but then I contacted Belkin tech support. It took me a good 20 minutes to final connect with someone and things were ok at first. Then he had me go into my router settings and open up DMZ or something like that, and then I got disconnected. I called back, got the same guy and hes like "oh yeah you got disconnected" and he laughed hysterically for like 30 seconds. Then he started having me do something again and disconnected. I called back and got someone else, and I told him what happend and he said they were having "System upgrades" and there might be some problems with disconnects...obviously i knew somethign was up but i was positive and assumed this guy wouldnt be a jerkoff...but then i got disconnected.

Then i called AGAIn, and it was a "girl" but it sounded like the first guy I talked to disguising his voice. Then "she" asked what my problem was and I'm like dont you have it in front of you? "yes, I see you have problem with the limewire, what is this limewire?"

I went off...i told them a few choice words, hung up...and im furious. I plan on taking care of that issue later...

So back to the original problem - does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried connecting my pc directly to the cable modem and it works without problem...so i know it is the router. I've also directly wired my computer via cat5 to the router and it has the same issues as I do when using it wireless.

I am so furious right now and would appreciate any help you guys can give me!

Thanks

Keith

You probably need to update your firmware, I own a belkin router but not a wireless one but it has happen to me before until I updated the firmware. Sometime wireless router will drop your connection usually do to interference and weak signal but since you tried a cable connection to the router that pretty much exclude that..anyways.

Or it could be a defective router, because I've heard to many bad comments about Belkin and their routers and now their customer support. The first thing I would do is try updating the firmware first. You might also try checking your ethernet cable also.

I have the same problem with my belkin router. It says media disconnected, even though the card is installed and flashing. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this problem?

I fixed it!
Heres what I did:
First of all, I have two lan adapters integrated with my mobo...never thought I would use them but I was wrong.

I wired the cable modem directly to the first lan adapter, and made sure to have an active connection. Then I plugged my wireless router into the other lan adapter. Then I went into my connection properties (for the cable modem connection) and set it up to "share the connection with other computers."

Then on the other computers on my network, I connected them to the wireless router and all systems are go.

This is especially nice because I want my desktop to have the fastest connection, since it is where I do my limewiring (legal files only of course), pokerrooming, and counterstriking...anyways it works great...any q's just ask me!

PS most of what I did can be done by going through the network setup wizard, and setting up a "small office network."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom