iPod viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman12345646

Beta member
I am always concerned about viruses, and for my iPod it is no different. Could you get a virus from visiting a an internet site that has been contaminated with a virus. A particular thing is can an iPod get a virus that records you when you are unaware of it. (always concerned about security!)

Thanks in advance

For any operating system (in this case iOS) that programs are written for there is always the potential for malicious software. With that being said it is highly unlikely that you could be infected while browsing the web on your iPod. I am not sure of the statistics but you can assured that you would be a rare case if you happen to be one of the very few that picked up a virus on your iPod.

I actually don't know of any virus that has been wrote specifically for the iPod, it's never really been needed as the iPod doesn't normally store much other than music. Now, there ARE viruses that DO travel via flash storage and can infect a PC if the iPod was plugged into another PC that was infected, the chances of an iPod being infected with anything though is 0.00000000001%.

Yeah I have yet to hear about an Ipod virus, though considering how fast they are proliferating i would not be surprised if someone writes one.

I'm pretty sure there have been very few reports of any suspicious behavior on iPods. I wouldn't worry about it. If you want security, a simple device, such as an iPod, is your safest bet...in my opinion.

well... the new ipods.. if you jailbroke them.. the new firmware could have malicious tracers etc in them hidden by the firmware's creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom