IPNat.sys and Windows 2003 Firewall ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Today at work I had a server issue that caused me to stay over 1 1/2 hours. My boss was trying to start the firewall to trouble shoot an issue but was receiving an ipnat.sys error. So he gave it to me to trouble shoot. You cant access the server via RDP, can't ping it by name or IP, nothing at all but from the console you can access everything like other network shares, printers, ping anything, etc. So to fix this issue I supplied a command via run:

NET STOP IPNAT.SYS

A DOS prompt quickly flashes and is successful. From another computer I was able to ping the server and RDP it. When I typed in

NET START IPNAT.SYS it was locked down.

This is part of the Windows Firewall.

The original issue was when we tried to start the Firewall via Services.msc, it throws an error message saying some other service has been stopped and needs to be started but doesn't give what service. The same for some SUN services. I'm thinking this is happening because SP2 was tryin to update the server but didn't have enough space so it failed 3/4 of the way thru. But anyways, thats how you stop the IPNAT.SYS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom