iPhone 4 Camera Impresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
For a phone, anyway. It's no EOS 1D Mark IV, and it's probably not the best camera phone either (Although i'm sure it ranks fairly highly), but concidering Apples disregard for a good camera thus far, it's a decent attempt. Without a doubt it has the best HD Video recording though, http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadget/files/walking_around.mov That is raw output. Bar the obvious lack of any OIS, i'm really quite impressed with the colour and sharpness and 30fps.

Supposedly these are uneditted pictures taken by Engadget and published in there review, looks good to me.

ip4snapshots15.jpg

ip4snapshots16.jpg

ip4snapshots22.jpg

ip4snapshots6.jpg

Low light is also very good concidering it's a phone and it's lens/sensor size.

ip4snapshots19.jpg

that thing takes better pics then my 12mp camera lol. Anyway, i never got the point to have a good cam on a phone, i only view my pics that i take on my phone, and 2mp is more then enough for that and even emailing them. If you want large high quality pics, get a **** camera. A camera, depending on the quality of it obviously, will always be better and have more functions, so if you want something for photos, get the camera.

BTW what the heck is that thing for calling police or FF. I have never seen one of those before.

The idea of a phone replacing proper point and shoots is atleast 5 or 10 years off yet i'd think. But not many people carry around even a cheap point and shoot (which the best camera phones can just about compare with) like me. However i always have my iphone on me, so i can see the point in it. And about that thing saying you only view on your phone, well yes, so do i 95percent of the time. But remember this phones screen is like 960x640, you can tell the difference between low and high res shots.

Now i just need to get hold one of these things, it's gunna be very hard.

Next up:

The Canon EOS dSLRpodR. Phone, DSLR, personal organizer, electric razor, and iPod in one. Sorry, no kit lens included.

the images are soft that is for sure but the noise handeling, and procesing of the photos seems to be done very well. im impressed by this for a camera phone, its gotta be one of the best ones on the marcket.

the images are soft that is for sure but the noise handeling, and procesing of the photos seems to be done very well. im impressed by this for a camera phone, its gotta be one of the best ones on the marcket.

Yeh it will be quite soft being 5mp, but then Apples cameras have perhaps always been a bit softer than normal even considering there mp ratings.

I am more surprised at how good the HD recording is, it's not exactley sharp but it is definitely 720p and the colour and low light performance is great for a phone (the colours are perhaps a bit fake and oversaturated, but average Joe likes this). Apple mentioned about the sensors ability to capture lots of light due to its rear illumination technology, and while this is obviously good most the time i have noticed some of the videos have quite a few blown out bits and are a bit overexposed which the backlight illumination allowing lots of light in is probably to blame for. The lens also has not been treated or designed well as there seems to be issues if sunlight is directly into the lens, it causes glare and a white haze over everything from what i've seen - but then a lens that stops this would of put the phone up atleast $100 or more so i can see why Apple didn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom