Internet speed doubled by using BT test socket!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
As title, i was having problems connecting to the internet upstairs in my house(wired extension to master socket) so i tried plugging in my router downstairs, still didnt work, then i got told to try it in the test socket under the plastic cover. So i opened this and plugged it into the test socket, it now works perfectly, except so perfect that its double the speed ive EVER had in my house. Because i live out in the country side the most i could get was 1MB, but now using the test socket and on wifi im getting almost 2MB.

Why is this, is it because theres no extensions and its directly plugged in? or is it because doing a speed test via wifi is not accurate?

As title, i was having problems connecting to the internet upstairs in my house(wired extension to master socket) so i tried plugging in my router downstairs, still didnt work, then i got told to try it in the test socket under the plastic cover. So i opened this and plugged it into the test socket, it now works perfectly, except so perfect that its double the speed ive EVER had in my house. Because i live out in the country side the most i could get was 1MB, but now using the test socket and on wifi im getting almost 2MB.

Why is this, is it because theres no extensions and its directly plugged in? or is it because doing a speed test via wifi is not accurate?

It may have the Bell wire removed (used to be for the ring tone on old phones). It causes interference and can dramatically lower sync speeds. I have seen reports of people gaining 2.5mb from disconnecting the bell wire.

Google it, there is lots of info on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom