internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfdrumz0929

Beta member
okay here is my current setup and situation with the internet problem. I currently have a wired router setup with the dsl modem. then from there I have a wire setup to another room which goes to a wireless router which I set it up to be a wireless access point by turning off the dhcp. So I got the wireless internet to laptops at my house, but the issue I have here is that the internet is very unpredictable because I start to download information then it will just stop for a second or two than goes back on again. when goes back downloading its extremely slow like 20kb/s. I would like to get my internet to a consist speed and realiable. P.S I made sure that all firmware/software is all up to date and still have the same issue. if I could get any advice on this situation it would be great.

Wireless connection tend to be unreliable at time. Just recently I've been having trouble with my wireless connection disconnecting, later found out a neighbor was running on the same channel and it was interfering so I just switch it over to another channel and it seems to be OK.

Anything like cordless phone or Bluetooth devices that run on the same frequency as 802.11b and g can and will interfere with your wireless connection. Distance is also a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom