Internet, He was here, now hes gone:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteGuy999

Beta member
Hey everyone, just a quick question to see if maybe anyone had come across this problem, but i just recently built a new desktop system
Brand new core 2 and all the fixin's, installed XP and all drivers needed i realized my Dlink-N PCI card(3 Antenna one) caused my comp to keep freezing during installl as with the other 2 I exchanged them for.... so i finally said eff this and went with a DLINK DWA-142 USB wireless usb adapter, it worked great for a while, strong signal 3mb/s dl's and 20ms latency on WoW:D but it seems my days of new found glory have come to an end, I have about 8 comps/labtops at home that all connect to our router all without any problems and now my comp says its connected to my router(have to connect trough Dlink network wizard, then the windows wireless icon will connect in sync with the dlink App, however i am granted no Internet acces at all when i open firefox wih will say waiting for yahoo.com and nothing will appear at all, even hours later, when i open IE it brings me to MSn.com no problem but when i type in a site it hangs just like firefox, sometimes it just brings me to hornymatches.com and other delerious sites, i havent really been able to find much about this, i have ran AVG, adaware and Hijackthis removing everything i possibly could which usaully cures my problem, but not this time. Does anyone have any suggestions, hardware or software related i am sure it has something to do with spyware but its been a while since i last checked on the most l33t programs for that, Thanks in Adavance

Are any of the other 8 PC's / laPtops having the same trouble? The slow page loading/non-responsive pages could be an effect of someone using all of the bandwidth of your connection.

Is your wireless LAN password protected to prevent 'un-authorized' users from gaining access?

The dirty pages coming up would point to an issue within your PC, see Mak's links to the spyware removal guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom