Internet Explorer 8 Final Noon Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, end users almost might as well have no voice in some issues.
It's easy to say "There's no problem" when you personally have never seen it.

Goes back to that objective/rational idea; you may still have a working original NES, but this does not mean that most of them didn't actually blow up eventually. (or at least spark up a bit)

The thing that bugs me the most is that, these problems -- however widespread they may be ( i would suggest they are not necessarily few and far between), are gross abnormalities in core functionality like loading the browser, it loading a home page, and creating tabs.

They work instantly for me, aaron :rolleyes:. Only thing I don't like (which is more part of Vista) is that it keeps the Windows Explorer history in the address bar as well. At least now they let you delete just those out if you use the Delete button on your keyboard (yes, I know FF already had this).

They work instantly for me, aaron :rolleyes:. Only thing I don't like (which is more part of Vista) is that it keeps the Windows Explorer history in the address bar as well. At least now they let you delete just those out if you use the Delete button on your keyboard (yes, I know FF already had this).

I know lol. IE8 actually works rather well on my girlfriend's laptop; but she is actually the only person I know personally that has a properly working IE8. Everyone else I know has ran into the same issues as me.

Gotta love software, eh? Works fine on some people's machines, and then terrible on others.

So this is an honest question. Do people still use IE? I mean, besides those who just buy pre-builts and use whatever is on it already? It seems every article I see lately is on removing IE from Windows 7 and the browser market share is dropping for IE.

So this is an honest question. Do people still use IE? I mean, besides those who just buy pre-builts and use whatever is on it already? It seems every article I see lately is on removing IE from Windows 7 and the browser market share is dropping for IE.

I don't have stats the back this up, but I would say, typically, most people who use IE as their only browser fall into the pre-built category you mentioned. I actually was going to make IE8 my one and only browser -- but I guess ill have to wait for 9.

But in reference to those articles you mentioned, they are all shams. It's one big facade microsoft is doing to appease users and monopolistic claims. This feature has been in windows for quite some time -- it just hasn't been in the add/remove programs category. They just moved it from the add/remove windows components category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom