internet connection status

Status
Not open for further replies.

regiemon

In Runtime
we have a wireless broadband internet and we use a router (linksys wrt54g) to share the connection. but our internet connection oftenly loosing the connection.so i always unplug the router then press the setup button.then the connection will be ok.

i called our internet provider but they said that don't require a setup configuration for the router.

is there a software that could continously monitor the internet connection?because i want to monitor the receiving if it fails.

Most routers have logs, you could check those. Besides that, I don't know of any program that could monitor a router, because to do so affectively you would have to put the program on the router.

Do you have wireless internet, or do you have internet coming over a cable and then have the router broadcast the wireless signal? Does your ISP require a username and password to login?

Obtruse_Man4 said:
Most routers have logs, you could check those. Besides that, I don't know of any program that could monitor a router, because to do so affectively you would have to put the program on the router.

Do you have wireless internet, or do you have internet coming over a cable and then have the router broadcast the wireless signal? Does your ISP require a username and password to login?

we have a wireless internet.we have an antenna provided by our isp then the cable is attached to a device (which i dont know what it is, but its not a modem) then connected to the router.it requires a username and password,but its a one time login.

well my problem is that oftenly i need to unplug the my router then plug it again then press secure easy setup button of the router. to gain connection again. coz oftenly i loose connection.

Have you tried logging into your router. You can do so with internet explorer.

Use your default gateway to do so. Your password should be located on your installation disc.

Once you do that try updating your firmware for your router. That may help.

NV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom