Intel to Retaliate to AMD Phenom II Overclocking Feat, Plans Demonstration at CES '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Intel to Retaliate to AMD Phenom II Overclocking Feat, Plans Demonstration at CES

This looks rather like Intel feels threatened by Deneb.
I mean, AMD didn't even want to make it public that Deneb got >6GHZ (with a non-cherrypicked chip), and now even though i7 has already been released, Intel feel they have something to prove.

Intel: "guise don't look over to AMD, we're betterer!!!"

Re: Intel to Retaliate to AMD Phenom II Overclocking Feat, Plans Demonstration at CES

Still too early to tell.

But at least it means I won't have to deal with the current Phenoms which in all honesty are not that great.

AMD has nothing on Intel.
Its simple.

All I've ever seen AMD do is put out good processors and then Intel just 1 upping them right afterwards.

Its simple.

All I've ever seen AMD do is put out good processors and then Intel just 1 upping them right afterwards.

what the heck are you talking about??

AMD killed Intel for several years.

Its simple.

I don't suppose you know a lot about the history of CPU's from AMD or Intel.
There have been plenty of times where AMD had the upper hand.

Also, you're making an assumption about a processor which we haven't seen the full capabilities of.

^^^

Athlon Xp, Athlon 64, and the first X2's come to mind.

Yeah I remember looking up the S939 X2's. All I found was so much hype, it seriously seemed Intel was just out done. That is until the Core2Duo's were released.

There's also the original Athlon's

And plenty of times before and after when they weren't the fastest, but were significantly better per $

Kind of like how ATI approached Nvidia this time around?

Ya my first system was an athlon xp because the sheer speed per dollar couldnt be touched by intel chips. The equivalent intel chip was about 200 bucks more than the athlon.

Its all well and good though, i hope AMD pulls their crap together and stays competitive, keeps intel from screwing us on the price. Although picking up my i7 920 for 225 a week after launch is hard to bauck at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom