Intel bans Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
glossed over 99% of the posts here...but just curious if you guys are actually doing your homework on the matter
I do.
or just think intel is bad...and that's it...
I think Intel is bad, but I came to that conclusion after reading about the things they do.
There once was a time when I would only consider Intel. (you know, because everything else is just a cheap knockoff...)
I think too many of you here are into conspiracy theories and readily jump on them when one waddles along
When it comes to conspiracies, and practically any theories or hypotheses, I typically approach them with skepticism until there's enough evidence to come to a conclusion, or at least find a certain probability.
projection

amd/ati will fail
Not if enough consumers vote AMD/ATI or Via with their wallets.
though I'd buy from Nvidia too.

what happens if ATI says no to intel and they cant use either Nvidia or ATI, what happens if that happens?

glossed over 99% of the posts here...but just curious if you guys are actually doing your homework on the matter or just think intel is bad...and that's it...

Agreed, and I went through probably every post (I skipped the "lol vernog is spell check queen" posts <3). I'm not a fan boy. But It's funny that alot of you are like "viva la amd" with no reasoning behind it. I do have the feeling Apok and others read all the articles (I'm not claiming I have), but it seems like alot of you are just jumping in and being fan boys for no reason.

I do.
I think Intel is bad, but I came to that conclusion after reading about the things they do.
You really should make a thread (if you haven't already done so) and list all the Reasons why intel is bad and links to pages that have something to do with intel being bad. I'd definatly read it and I'm sure it would get a sticky.

When it comes to conspiracies, and practically any theories or hypotheses, I typically approach them with skepticism until there's enough evidence to come to a conclusion, or at least find a certain probability.
Thats not always a good idea.

To be honest i think Intel, AMD, ATI, and nVidia should all shut down, and M$ should expand there business and make GPU's and processors in the mass for dirt cheep.

Omgawdz. I swear to god i just saw a picture of someone with a score of 51K in 3dmark06 :eek: whilst browsing through google.

what happens if ATI says no to intel and they cant use either Nvidia or ATI, what happens if that happens?

ATI won't do this since they will get allot of sales now that you cant have sli with Nehalem. Also Intel is working on there own dedicated gpu codenamed Larrabee which will have 16-24 cores clocked at 1.7-2.5ghz

Apok said:
Can you say monopoly?
Exactly. There are reasons why there are laws against monopolies, and it would do many here good to do a little research into these reasons.

this is hardly surprising as nvidia and intel have been at odds for some time now...and actually I believe it began when nvidia wouldn't give Intel a license to implement SLI on their boards (except Skulltrail)

Ray Tracing, where the processor does all the work the gpu does, making graphic card companies like ATI/nvidia uselesss. Wont be for a while tho.
Intel Converts ET: Quake Wars To Ray-tracing - Tom's Hardware Notice the system that they had to run just to run the game in ray tracing :
For the record, the demonstration ran on a 16-core (4 socket, 4 core) Tigerton system running at 2.93 GHz.

ATI won't do this since they will get allot of sales now that you cant have sli with Nehalem. Also Intel is working on there own dedicated gpu codenamed Larrabee which will have 16-24 cores clocked at 1.7-2.5ghz
thats ray tracing

Nvidia isn't going to be out of the game when that comes to play tho:
Nvidia To Acquire Ray Tracing Company - Tom's Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom