Insufficient Mainboard USB Hookups for Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u want them in the front there are a couple of bays on newegg for ur 5inch header things? i forgot the correct term :) but those are useful like on my current case, i don't have the convienient usb ports in the front, yesterday my pal gave me a usb bay for my front and i can plug my usb keys without going for the crazy stretch and plugging em' in the back :)

A USB PCI card, as Vern suggested, would be a good way to get them plus maybe a firewire port.

Yes but I already have two IEEE 1394 ports, one on the front, one in the back, and sufficient USB ports (there are four onboard ports as well)... the trouble is that I have more USB ports in the front than I can hook up, hence two dead ports on the front panel. I want a card or expansion that will allow me to power the two extra front ports... they interface with the 9-pin JUSB sockets, rather than with another USB, and I can't find any PCI cards that provide those sockets. What I really want to know is if they exist, and where do I look if they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom