Installing XP on a Partition thats already having corrupted XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaqalain

In Runtime
Here are some messages while I tried to install-repair XP by ENTER. I was having XP SP2 running very fine but its crashed due to Audio driver problems, later many applications start falling apart and I was not having any option except to run XP CD for repairing windows but all 4 of CDs are not taking me to 2 final installation due to inherent corruption windows suffered.

Due to misunderstanding typed text of DOS as re-written here:
Ref: Windows XP Crashed? Here's Help - BroadcastNewsroom

See there is no space between tmp copy
md c:\windows\tmpcopy c:\windows\system32\config\system
c:\windows\tmp\system.bak

I thought all of them are making new directories.
copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak
delete c:\windows\system32\config\system

Deletion of Config/system without backing up as mentioned in line1
caused huge trouble.
delete c:\windows\system32\config\software
delete c:\windows\system32\config\sam
delete c:\windows\system32\config\security
delete c:\windows\system32\config\default

Moreover , Recovery console can't copy these:

copy c:\windows\repair\system\software c:\windows\system32\config
\software
copy c:\windows\repair\system\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam
copy c:\windows\repair\system\security c:\windows\system32\config
\security
copy c:\windows\repair\system\default c:\windows\system32\config
\default
-------
Windows XP Professional Setup
The following list shows the existing partitions and unpartitioned space on this computer.
38163 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR]
C: Partitional NTFS 38154 MB (20779 MB Free)
Unpartitioned space 8MB
Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select an item in the list.

-To set up Windows XP on the selected item, Press ENTER
-To create a partitio in the unpartitioned space, press C
-To delete the selected partiition , Press D

----------------------------------
You choose to install windows XP on a partition that contains another OS. Installing Windows XP on this partition might cause other OS to function improperly.
Caution: Installing multiple OSs on a single partition is not recommended. To learn more about installing multiple operatings systems on a single, computer, see

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/multiboot.asp using Internet Explorer.
To continue using this partition, press C.
To select a different partition, press ESC.

-------

At this moment I want to ask will my data in My Documents folder will remain saved , unhurt if I will utilize the same partition to install repaired XP (2nd Option on XP CD by ENTER).

If I need to create a partition , how should I break it quantity wise, what will be name of broken partition? Presently I am using C drive, will repaired fixed XP run via Drive letter 'D'?

At this moment I want to ask will my data in My Documents folder will remain saved , unhurt if I will utilize the same partition to install repaired XP (2nd Option on XP CD by ENTER).

If I need to create a partition , how should I break it quantity wise, what will be name of broken partition? Presently I am using C drive, will repaired fixed XP run via Drive letter 'D'?

If you use the same partition no your data will NOT be saved. IF you shrink down the partition then yes it will be saved.

Did you try a repair install?

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

make new folder call it xp. install windows there. you do have that option there when you are doing what you are try to do. when you boot to xp back your documents up then delete that partition and reformat

or just use a bart pe cd to back your documents up and delete that partition and reformat

make new folder call it xp. install windows there. you do have that option there when you are doing what you are try to do. when you boot to xp back your documents up then delete that partition and reformat

or just use a bart pe cd to back your documents up and delete that partition and reformat

Eric I don't have access to windows. The option you talking , will it come while doing windows installation after accepting to ENTER and will it follow Partitioned/Unpartitioned Blue Windows Set-up screen, if I will choose present partitione, will it ask to back up all my data in another folder?
I have taken out SEGATE HD, still showing as 'C' in other COMPAQ System. I tried to use as slave but Master Drive COMAPQ's HD (which is now showing as 'D in BIOS') is not booting to windows able to see /access faulty 'C' Drive.

Windows CD is booting and taking to repair/installation screen for

38163 MB Disk0@ID0 on bus 0 on ATAPI
C-Partitioned/Un-Partitioned [NTFS] 38163MB (38154: 20833 MB Free)
Unpartitioned Space:8 MB

8676 MB Disk0@ID0 on bus 0 on aic78XX
D-Partitioned/Un-Partitioned [NTFS]38163MB (8668 MB: 620 MB Free)
Unpartitioned Space:8 MB

BIOS IDE Devices Showing as:

Primary Drive 0: ATAPI Device
Primary Drive 1: Not Installed
Secondary Drive 0: --------------40020 MB
Secondary Drive1: Not Installed

Did I hook up faulty SEGATE drive correctly? Idea is to get access to data and start back up vbia COMAPQ System which is working fine.

I have used two cables (power and usual

Parallel Install Windows XP Professional from another operating system

I'm going to make a bart pe cd for everybody here to use

avast has one for 14 day trial that has lot of plugin

avast! BART CD

Please note that I hooked up correct wires but now I can't find /can't boot faulty hard drive. The LG DVD Player is not showing in my default system, despite I checked, searched in Add Hawd Wiz.

I have no access to faulty SEGATE HD, how will BART help to access the SEGATE HD, where all my data is sitting?

Please note that I hooked up correct wires but now I can't find /can't boot faulty hard drive. The LG DVD Player is not showing in my default system, despite I checked, searched in Add Hawd Wiz.

I have no access to faulty SEGATE HD, how will BART help to access the SEGATE HD, where all my data is sitting?

it sounds like you don't have the master, slave, cable select option correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom