Installing Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
System > Administration > GNOME Partition Editor

How do you know those drivers didn't work? How are you doing all this so fast? What happened? What were the error messages?

Slow down, cowboy.

lol, okay i just can't plain open the drivers i downloaded off of ati's website, i'm checking the link you gave me now

*edit*

found a deadlink... nevermind

Go here and download the top one on the list. Stick it on your Desktop...

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux/linux-radeon.html

Then press alt+f2 type "gksudo nautilus" and hit enter. Find the file on your desktop from within that window... you should be able to just double click on it and it will run a graphical installer. I don't know how well it works, as I have never used it before.

Here are the instructions,
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.31.5-inst.html

ya, those were the ones i downloaded, didnt have a clue on how to open it though

i'm getting the same message :(

gedit has not been able to detect the character coding.
Please check that you are not trying to open a binary file.
Select a character coding from the menu and try again.

So did it work then? If clicking on it didn't work then open a terminal from Applications > Accessories > Terminal and type
Code:
sudo sh Desktop/ati
and press tab, then press enter and it should ask for your password, type it in and it should run the installer.

when i do that i can't even type in my password!! i push buttons and it doesnt go through...

nevermind.. didnt finish reading that i had to push tab... lol

*edit again*

okay.. i still can't type anything... ubunutu is angering me!!!! lol

Could not open the file /home/x1950xtx/Desktop/aÂ…ler-8.31.5-x86.x86_64.run using the Western (ISO-8859-15) character coding.

and genome gparted wasnt under administration either... still can't find it :(

Meh, I've run out of patience for helping ATI people. I gave more effort than I really should have anyway. Just search Google and find how to's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom