Installation error..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
OK, so I'm trying to re-install World of Warcraft on my Mac after a fresh format. I am trying to download Blizzard's installer from the internet because I can't find my WoW CDs. Here is what is happening:
I can get the "wowclient-downloader.dmg" onto my computer. I open the .dmg which launches the disk. Inside the disk I double click the installer, and here is where the trouble starts. I get an error saying "Could not initialize storage. You may not have permission to write to the destination path." This is ********. I am the administrator on the computer. I have even tried creating a dummy account with administrator privileges, and I get the same error. The WEIRD thing is that Blizzard offers a downloadable installer for both the original WoW client and their expansion pack, The Burning Crusade, AND this one installs no problem. I downloaded the .dmg to test it out and it begins installing no problem.. Can ANYONE tell me why the **** I am getting this error?? I have even tried to "Ignore file permissions" and I have run the Disk Utility to repair any permissions that might have been corrupt or whatever. I called Blizzard any they were pretty useless to deal with. Someone please help :/

ok totally delete the file from the hard drive an then down load it again I don't know if wow has different locations that you can DL from I would give that a go first. Also I would give it a try with a few other dmg files like neooffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom