Infected w/ Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding the missing files

O23 - Service: LiveShare P2P Server 9 (RoxLiveShare9) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxLiveShare9.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe

I deleted these folders because I thought that it was causing me to have all my problems.
Was I not supposed to delete these files?

system restore could work, one of the easiest ways to fix ur system, but spyware has become smarter and the first thing they do is eliminate system restore so u can't restore, then put the files in the memory so if u eliminate it, it just comes back...... what u should do is run ad-aware... cancel in the middle and see try and get spywareblaster... good program.... it won't erase the spyware but it will try and stop backdoor trojans from downloading anymore crap...

Actually I just fixed it lol. I'm not entirely sure how I did it (I think I was messing around with Hijack this and got lucky). I was trying to delete these O23 programs that Roxio had installed but for some reason I couldn't delete for a long time until somehow I did.
My computer's back to normal but I'm still curious as to what these O23 programs are, how Roxio's programs messed my computer up and what it meant when it says that the programs were missing files (like how you can see in the logs that show the missing files).

Roxio is a flaky program, lots of issues with it when it first came out, some are still around, I'd suggest using Nero

Those missing files entries, there may or may not be a missing file, in this case there may have actually been a missing file and that might have gave you those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom