in user forums like nexopia..

Status
Not open for further replies.

petepwnsurmom

Beta member
is it possible to get my ip address just from me posting?
if i were to post on two seperate accounts, would someone be able to tell i was the one posting on both accounts?
and then trace both said account back to my computer?
(and no, i'm obv not including the nexopia admin)

Yes. Anyone with access to the forum controls (moderators, admin) can look at the IP of posters. this is true with vB and php, so I would assume the same in this situation.

if i were to post on two seperate accounts, would someone be able to tell i was the one posting on both accounts?
If you posted from the same computer/location, yes. Most BB software has an IP search feature.

and then trace both said account back to my computer?
The IP is a general thing, so no. However, if there is cause (threats, spam), the administration of the forum could contact your ISP and take legal action.

(and no, i'm obv not including the nexopia admin)
Obviously. I am locking this topic, and would advice you to steer clear of this tpe of activity. Anything like this on this forum would result in both/all accounts being banned as well as your IP.

Sorry Trotter not to bardge in but i want to add to this line:

They get yoru IP just from you registering. Every forum software be it vB, IPB, SMF, phpBB or any others have a Admin Control Panel which they can use to get the IP of users. Some forum software like IPB, SMF and that show your IP in the post itself. While others like SMF and vB do not and you have to go into the ACP to get it.

But anywhich way it can be traced back to your ISP and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom