imac g5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There are certain small changes that could be made to make it less so, but its pretty bad. Good engineering, bad presentation.

Have you guys personally opened up one of the 20" imacs and looked inside? I agree the outside could use a few minor tweaks but the inside is gorgeous. Great engineering and a very nice design I say.

I think they could have fit some speakers, even crappy ones, into that large chunk of white space where the logo is on the front. At least it would have looked less like empty, useless space.

yeah and that white space ruins the whole wide screen effect. argh.. hate it hate it hate it..

im sure its nice inside though..

Wha??? The iMac G5 is one of the most beautiful Macs ever created!! I think it's a design phenomena, only experienced every two-three years! :D Apple has done a wonderful job cramming all that power into a two inch thick 'monitor' and not to mention all the trimmings, like BlueTooth, and APExtreme. It's a fabulous design, and I think Apple has really outdone themselves on this one :D :D

Oh, and if you read on the iMac's webpage, you'll see why they didn't put the speakers in front. They put them underneath, pointed down, so that you, the owner, will experience the highest quality sound. :)

Unsightly?? I think it's one of the most attractive features the iMac offers! :p I think the iMac is sheer perfection, and I will NOT be swayed :D

g5orbust, I hear ya. That white space (especially on the 20") is on the large side but with all the stuff inside and the ports they never could have fit decent speakers on the front panel. I thought the same thing when I looked at it first but then I opened it up... And quickly learned to look past the white.

RyansTech said:
g5orbust, I hear ya. That white space (especially on the 20") is on the large side but with all the stuff inside and the ports they never could have fit decent speakers on the front panel. I thought the same thing when I looked at it first but then I opened it up... And quickly learned to look past the white.

They could have atleast spruced it up a bit... maybe make it brushed aluminum for contrast... I dont know... just something so that big white empty space isnt just that, a big white empty space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom