i'm new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

renniegnosis

Beta member
in my quest to fight the evil spyware that's taking over my computer, i came to this site. i'm not entirely sure where to post so i will start here. my abilities, computer-wise, are, uh, none. i've been having a terrible time dealing with the mess that suddenly appeared on my computer (which i am not using now. i'm on someone else's.) a friend downloaded spybot for me, i was able to run it pretty successfully, i had the same problems with the "dso exploit" that some people have been discussing in these forums . . . but even when spybot says it's found and fixed everything, every time i connect to the internet it's taken over by ads . . . adaware doesnt seem to be helping . . . and i dont know how or what to change in my security settings . . . if someone could either direct me to a helpful thread, or perhaps send me an IM it would be wonderful . . . i apologize in advance . . . i know it must be irritating to have clueless people in the forums asking for help all the time. hopefully you wont hate me. :)
-lauren-

you can put this program onto a floppy

Please do this. Click here to download Hijack This. Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”[/b] . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

put the log on a floppy and come back here and post your log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom