Illogical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
Why would any given torrent Download at a high rate for some hours then drop to 0 Down and 0 Up and stay there.

The Situation: I am downloading a torrent, was at 300KB/s for 2 hours, it got to 63% done, One this happened it droped to 0 up/down and has stayed there since. There are still 12 peers connected and 4 Connecting. And even there I am still connected to given peers no downloading or uploading is occuring. Why?

It just seems illogical.

If there are no seeds, it means nobody has 100% of the file. Your download stopped at 63% because that's what every other peer has. (Although in principle you should still be uploading, unless there are no new peers). You'll all have to wait until a seed connects, then the orgy can start again :).

that means that there were people that had the whole file downloaded already, or bits and pieces that you didn't have. Just be patient.

Sometimes used to happen to be, the torrent was fine but my dl/ul would stop but with a quick reset of my router everything was fine again and got my speeds back.

But ye, it could also be nobody has 100% of the download.

Well, if you have Azureus you can check how many copies of the files you "see". Just right click the torrent, chose "Show Details", and the bar titled "Availability" tells you how many full copies of the torrent there are around. It is possible to see over 100% even if there are no seeds, but it's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom