Illegal Immigrant: Racial Slur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im only ****ed at illegals, when they start collecting government money, using our hospitals, schools, our tax money in general. Other than that, they can actually help the economy, working on farms making alot of our produce alot cheaper than it would be if they had to pay min wage.

i hate that they can work illegally in this country, pay a $3000 fine, then leave and everything's fine. some illegals are here 3, 4, 5 years or more.

my parents paid well over $30,000 in taxes over the past 3 years.... i bet they'd love to not pay anything for 3 years, then pay $3000 and move to another country.

that $3000 only applies if they agree to leave voluntarily, then they have a 60 day grace period. if they are forced to leave, there is no penalty, just a boot.

this strikes me as highly unfair to the hard working CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants in this country

None of us should forget...

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-Emma Lazarus, 1883

If I may be so bold, with these addendums;

1) Speak English
2) Enter LEGALLY (One of the best venues on earth has a waiting line).
3) Pay Taxes

P.S. I am a combat veteran Marine from Desert Shield/Storm, I am aware of the price that freedom demands. I would pay that price again, and again, and again....

those people are trying to escape an EXTREMELY hard life... and they're willing to do anything they can to give their family a better life. the only thing they can do is go to America... but doing it legally can be nearly impossible for some people, so they have to do it illegally... and most of them only do it because they are very desperate. They want to give their children an equal oppurtunity. They are humans and deserve a good life just as much as you do... even if it inconveniences you. To say they didn't "earn" to be here is total BS to me. every human has the right to live a good life.

those people are trying to escape an EXTREMELY hard life... and they're willing to do anything they can to give their family a better life. the only thing they can do is go to America... but doing it legally can be nearly impossible for some people, so they have to do it illegally... and most of them only do it because they are very desperate. They want to give their children an equal oppurtunity. They are humans and deserve a good life just as much as you do... even if it inconveniences you. To say they didn't "earn" to be here is total BS to me. every human has the right to live a good life.

well put. i agree that every human being should be given the same rights and unlimited opportunities, especially in a world of such excess and grandeur (read my blog, link in sig)...... however, it should not involve unfair policies and behind-the-scenes politics that benefit a small already-wealthy group.

Roo said:
If they are illegal then they shouldnÂ’t be able to complain. I think of the USA as a business. We only care what the customers have to say. The people that will never contribute to anything can go lick a ****.

I'm sorry if any possible political statments can be found in the following, but i don't mean any...

so i was biking down to my bank to depoite a check while im out for a ride.. u know, the street was a 1 way and i had to go the other way the cars were going, so i hopped onto the road. All of a sudden this bum starts screaming his head off about how i should be in jail because i'm biking on the sidewalk. First of all, i was thinking everyone in my city would be happy cause im helping the environment, second, i didnt even know it was against the rules or w/e (but i know i wouldnt go to jail or anything..).

so i get to the bank, do my thing, come out and start biking on the street cause who can really just jump in with the moving cars that quickly and the same bum gets all ****ed at me again... this time since it'd been kind of a crappy day, i go over to him and im like hey... maybe when you stop living off the country and sucking its wellfare money and contribute to this society, i will listen to your suggestions to better it.

Anyways, there is a point to this... This man, using the above analigy, is like a customer who complains all the time, drains our funds, and just annoys us. But, none the less, we still keep our current "customers" and give them options, it just happens ours is the best.

Illigal immigrants are like "new customers" so to say, every good company needs them, and every good company labels them. It just so happens that illegal immigrants is our lable for them. I dont think it has any kind of brutal sound to it like N*****... nor do they call themselves that...
originally said by an illegal immigrant to another
WASSUP MY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT??

i know the above gets slightly deeper into the question, but w/e this thread seems to be getting into it

"OMG u r RACiAL!! I'm TELLING!!!!!..."

tommyboy123x said:
I'm sorry if any possible political statments can be found in the following, but i don't mean any...

so i was biking down to my bank to depoite a check while im out for a ride.. u know, the street was a 1 way and i had to go the other way the cars were going, so i hopped onto the road. All of a sudden this bum starts screaming his head off about how i should be in jail because i'm biking on the sidewalk. First of all, i was thinking everyone in my city would be happy cause im helping the environment, second, i didnt even know it was against the rules or w/e (but i know i wouldnt go to jail or anything..).

so i get to the bank, do my thing, come out and start biking on the street cause who can really just jump in with the moving cars that quickly and the same bum gets all ****ed at me again... this time since it'd been kind of a crappy day, i go over to him and im like hey... maybe when you stop living off the country and sucking its wellfare money and contribute to this society, i will listen to your suggestions to better it.

Anyways, there is a point to this... This man, using the above analigy, is like a customer who complains all the time, drains our funds, and just annoys us. But, none the less, we still keep our current "customers" and give them options, it just happens ours is the best.

Illigal immigrants are like "new customers" so to say, every good company needs them, and every good company labels them. It just so happens that illegal immigrants is our lable for them. I dont think it has any kind of brutal sound to it like N*****... nor do they call themselves that...

i know the above gets slightly deeper into the question, but w/e this thread seems to be getting into it
ItÂ’s easy for you to make statements like that, considering you have never been as far down the social stereotype as he has, but you as a citizen never knew this person. Therefore, you donÂ’t know what it took him to get to that point in his life, so you are in no place to judge. I donÂ’t care HOW BAD YOUR LIFE WAS. If you have never been homeless, then you have had it pretty good compared to a homeless person.

For one, a big overused stereotype about homeless people is that DRINKING put them in that position. This is not always true, because the largest amount of people who live on the street were those with legitimate jobs, and college students, as well as teens who ran away from a terrible household. (You would be surprised at how many adults in Orange County alone are working a steady job while living out of their cars.)
The problem is raised taxes and unstable economy that put them in that position, most of the time they NEVER put themselves there.

Another thing, applying for welfare is like walking into a mousetrap. You are sometimes required to work a job chosen for you by the state (it doesnÂ’t even matter if you are a college graduate) and work hard as **** after your wages are garnished.
You are not allowed to make more than $10,000 and you are required by federal law to report every penny of your income. If you go over the monthly limit, they might just boot you off of the program. If you donÂ’t report all of your income (even if you barrowed it from a friend), you MIGHT be arrested and charged for welfare fraud. (If you are lucky they will just boot you off, but don't count on it.)

Since Welfare doesnÂ’t pay a person nearly enough to pay their bills, (rent is far out of the question, but thatÂ’s what HUD is for) most homeless people receive their welfare checks through a P.O. box, only to give them enough to stay at a motel for about a week, and probably eat. Welfare gives a person less money if they already live somewhere, and even if you are homeless, they give you a few motel vouchers (if you are lucky) or tells you to live in a public shelter/halfway house (I swear, they do this) even if you are a mother with two children.

In essence, welfare is nothing but a government hierarchy to keep the poor as poor as they are, with no possible way to escape.

I used to be homeless. I also know what it’s like to be on welfare. I can tell you first hand that “Contributing to society” is just way out of the question. You have to be homeless to know what a homeless person goes through.

I see a lot of well off people complain and hate homeless people based on broad stareotypes, thinking that they themselves are the only hard-working people in America. Believe me; know one has ever worked or thrived as hard as some of those people, and it sickens me to find that they are treated like the scum of the earth.

DonÂ’t get me wrong though; a lot of them are just a bunch of child molesters/rapist/murderers that have been that way since they got out. A lot of them donÂ’t deserve $%#!@.:mad:

Sorry for the politics. lol :cool:

Yes, first "Mexican" became offensive, so they insist on being called latino or hispanic, and now being called an illegal immigrant is offensive, so the solution here is to NOT IMMIGRATE ILLEGALY!!!!

I'm sorry to put this so bluntly, but OK, calling people something wont change their life or anything. I have ginger hair, people shout HAHAHA GINGER at me all the time , I also get oi GINGER PUBES, yes we can all laugh. But call a black man the N word they go bloody NUTS! Really, we need to CHILL OUT!

Your'e not even alloewd to say BLACK COFFEE becuase it has BLACK in it, it has to be Coffee with no milk, No Bah Bah Black Sheep, its Bah Bah Ethnic Minority sheep. And its the same with illegal immigrants, and this whole terrorism thing, they want us to be like them, so therefore they are gona make likehell for us westerners, until we do. In my view, if you dont like it then bugger off, leave us to our thing, you can do yours, but just as long as it doesnt affect us.

PCness needs to cool it a bit otherwise we wont be able to walk down a street without it offending someone.

Ruan

</rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom