If you could recommend one game to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game would be better without parks, ranks, whatever. Let me explain.

If a person has to have a "goal" to play a game, they should be playing a single player game. A multi-player FPS game should be one where it is the players that make the difference. Look at tournaments. Most of them limit what "extras", if any, players can use. Why? Because the aim of the tournament is for the best players with the best skills/teamwork to come out on top.

I realize I am in the minority, but I am cool with that. I enjoy BF2 (when I get to play it) because rank has no bearing on the game itself. sure, you unlock new weapons, but they have no tactical advantage to speak of... just a new skin on the same weapon. The game makes you rely on skill, teamwork, and planning to succeed. There are no special things to unbalance the game. Even the different classes are balanced out so as not to have an advantage over one another (for the most part).

Another thing about it that irks me is those who work to spoil the game for everyone else. I have played COD4 with my clan and had a great time because we worked together and played like the whole thing was real. I have played on public servers and literally got up and walked away because of the stupidity and noobishness displayed by the players. Unfortunately this seems widespread with the COD games. I do hope that MW2 is different, but I know it will be more of the same. Several in my clan are interested in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, so I will be looking into it next.

A goal whether in multi or single is a lot in a game. I personally hate pointless games that have no goal. I am extremely excited for the capture the flag that will be added to MW2. Tactics will playing a huge part in MW2. Rank does nothing in COD4. You can rank and still suck horribly. I am ranked 20 on cod4 and I still use the 3 guns offered to me when I was ranked 1. I am not arguing or trying to persuade I just want you to see where I come from and my point of view clearly as I can see yours. Sometimes I have off days and the fact no one communicates in COD4 peeves me incrediably. Because without any perks teamwork can dominate a team with every perk. I am just saying perks do not make a difference in my game. No matter the perks, skill is skill and luck is luck.

I agree with you guys. I have ranked various profiles to 55 and while it does not take long (about a week) it is ultimately unrewarding and it was a good idea that was implemented poorly. I don't think there is much advantage I gain in terms of the weapons I use from about rank 35 to 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom