IE gone haywire ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattew

Banned
well i duuno wats wrong but my IE just suddenly opens and navigates to some crap sites.... (although i only use firefox ) all advertising ones is there ne way to fix it........?

Sounds like you have some virus/spyware/malware on your PC. Run any of your virus/spyware/malware programs and get rid of the infection. If that doesn't work, uninstall IE.

If you don't have any of these programs, try using Ad-Aware Free by Lavasoft if you need spyware/malware removal and AVG Free if you need antivirus.

yes dude i did
and this was i found
the files detected were 7 out of which only 4 could be deleted and one is a pup
the undeleted ones are
1. c:\windows\system32\8od0q30.exe
2. c:\windows\system32\8od0q30.exe

well both r same but mc afee is showing both dont know wat to do .....?
both a detected as malware......

Google shows absolutely no hits on those file names. It would seem safe to reason that you could simply navigate to that folder and manually delete the files.

I suggest going here http://www.techist.com/forums/f70/

and posting a hijackthis log for analysis. You have a browser redirector on your pc. who knows what else it is doing as well. Best to have it looked at by professional techs on this board before it gets worse.

NetworkGeek is right. Use Osiris Guide you are infected with spyware. Post your HiJack this log.

well i dont have ne addons installed on IE .
even my default browser is firefox.....
the sites whihch its navigating is headed by some IP address..
and then al kinds of advertisements are been displayed....

Use Osiris Guide you are infected with spyware. Post your HiJack this log.

well wats that .. i mean posting hijack this log

well this stuff is getting messier ...

found something new..
vundo.gen.c

i have no idea wat it is......?

i tried using a live linux cd (ubuntu) but its not deleting the file (dunno for not reason may be i am not a root user )

totally hacked of with this stuff........

i did it.... yeahhhh:D
cant beleive it.. ne ways i used the spyware program to delete all the tacking the cookies stuff and that vundo stuff
and then could delete easily...

thnx mak u save my day...........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom