Icons cache no longer show the icon pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is because you are using a custom package not the default icons. I can tell by the My Computer Icon that you tried to replace the default ones. So you will have to follow the steps that you used to get those icons in use in the first place and do it again to get them active again.

I didn't do anything to get them to show an icon picture instead of the box. I downloaded them and saved them to the folder. They automatically showed up as icons, not thumbnails. Yerars later, when I put the Kodak disk in the DVD drive to see what pictures were on it, the Kodak program installed. Since I didn't need it, I uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller which also cleaned everything from the registry so that those little squares that came with the Kodak program should have been removed but, for some reason, they weren't, and the icons have shown up as those squares ever since.

I guess the only thing that will get rid of the squares is a format and it's not worth it to get rid of the squares. I'll go through them and separate the ones I haven't used into a new folder so that the few ones that I use will remain in the original folder. If I ever need to find an icon, I'll switch to thumbnail view.

Thanks everybody, for your thoughts and help . . . much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom