iBook with Intel chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Ok, I am starting to wonder why Apple made a bother at all switching to Intel for the MacBook and then iMac Desktop when they are so bloody expensive that I cannot afford one, and, not a whole lot of people can.

So, are they going to make an iBook version of the MacBook? Like a slower CPU smaller GPU etc. Because I really need a Mac for college and I don't want to drag around old technology nor do I want to say goodbye to $2000.

Is Mac going to continue using the PPC CPU in iBooks and just make them faster, or are they going to put Intel chips in iBooks any time soon?

By the end of the year, or early next year, we should be seeing ALL Macs having Intel procs. So, there WILL be an Intel iBook soon. Since the iBook is supposed to be the so-called consumer portable Mac, it will very likely have a less powerful CPU and less powerful GPU than the MacBook Pro, which will make it more affordable.

GameGURU said:
Ok, I am starting to wonder why Apple made a bother at all switching to Intel for the MacBook and then iMac Desktop when they are so bloody expensive that I cannot afford one, and, not a whole lot of people can.

Apple switched to Intel for Power, not price.

And yes, they are planning a lower-priced iBook replacement, but there hasn't really been any confirmation as to when it will be released.

iBook will likely be much more price focused, especially if they choose to put a Core Solo as opposed to Duo in it...

That is, if they remain "iBooks"...MacBook Express??? :eek:

Qiranworms said:
That is, if they remain "iBooks"...MacBook Express??? :eek:

I was expecting just a regular MacBook since the PowerBook replacement is the MacBook Pro, but who knows?

I saw a commercial today about intel expanding their processor to apple, it was like "for too long have our processors been trapped in pc's" or some stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom