I was getting 276Mb/s on my broad band now i dont get it anynore

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
I was getting 276Mb/s on my broad band now i dont get it anynore. And yes that is not a joke it ws amazing. I had a couple of engineers in and now i don't get those speeds anymore. I called the engineer after he left mt house he said that the speed i was getting was amazing and didn't know how i was getting it but them at the network end might do something to stop it and they have. Is there anyway for me to do anything to get it back.
Thank you in advance

I'd be willing to put money down that you weren't getting that speed
1) It's ~2.5 times faster than most internal networks (~5 times if we're talking about wireless)
2) It's ~5 times faster than the fastest commercial Internet service I've ever seen
3) You don't pay for that service

If you were really getting that speed then you should consider yourself very lucky to have had it all but there is no feasible way you could get it back.

awk well was worth a try 277Mb/s was my best off 20 meg Mac average was 162Mb/s my global rank was 98% i miss it ****

Cable Mate engineer said he had only came across it once before in a house miles away from me. I told him just to leave it as is but he opened up CMD line i seen him do an ip config but i left the room and he must have done something else. As when i went to speedtest.net my speed had went down to what i should be getting roughly actually the lower end of what i should be getting. So i called him up as they call you before they arrive at your house so i had his number and asked him what he done as my speed went down, he said i can't do nothing about that he said must have been the network guys at office.

If you were getting those speeds, then it was a mistake on the part of the company. They figured it out and stopped it. There is nothing you can do on your end to get those speeds back. You have no proof that the guy did anything to reduce your speed. You will just have to live with what your paying for.

Yes, it was most likely a mistake on the company's part. One time, my ISP messed up and I had 2.5 times my speed for a month, then it was back to normal.

They would never have found out with me as i was getting that speed for over a year mate. Pitty i had an engineer out, oh well all good things come to an end.

Those speeds aren't sustainable on a normal connection into the home at a distance from the local switch, I also noticed, 276Mb/s, that's the advertisement rate of some higher end wireless routers. I think you have your numbers mixed up somewhere, as there isnt even a home modem out that supports above 150Mb/s on the WAN side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom