I wanna push my 6800 Ultra to the MAX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andydude117

Baseband Member
Well, I got my PowerMac G5 for Christmas with my really hardcore 6800 Ultra. The one problem is, I can't find any games (other than Unreal Tournament) that really make any use of it. I just spent (well, my parents did) $500 dollars on a video card that I won't really make good use of. I like Unreal Tournament because it really pushes the limits. It looks awesome. I don't want some RTS game that I could've run on my old ATi Radeon 9200 in my Dell.

I'm eagerly waiting for Doom III in February. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

"The Chronicles or Ridd!ck," or of course, Doom 3. Far Cry is another awesome choice that will really make use of that high powered graphics card.

I've played Far Cry before and I've heard of The Chronicles of Ridd!ck, but they're both for PC. I have a Mac.

Thanks anyway, though.

World of Warcraft should be a good one (wont be too taxing, but at the highest settings, it should look really really nice.)

Halo

UT2004

try x-plane, last run I did with that the system was using 685mb or ram when running :)

I think I'm going to get Halo. X-Plane looks awesome, but I don't wanna go and buy a joystick. Especially when they're like $80.

I remember I had Halo on my Dell, but even when I put all the settings the lowest, it looked terrible. I guess I won't have to worry about that now, lol.

Thank you for your suggestions!
-Andy

just dont forget that graphics card isnt even close to being able to do what a top of the line G5 can do, which is one of the gripes I have with Apple, high end graphics workstation price minus the specs, especially in the graphics card dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom