I think I'm being scammed out of $185

I am purchasing an 8 PLUS phone. My plan is to get the phone locally. That way I will have the phone. Next Thursday, January the 18th.

Got my new phone. It's fantastic but I have to get an activation kit to use it. I looked at Walmart (I have Family Mobile) online and the "Bring Your Own Phone" kit is 99 cents.

I went to my local Walmart and their kit is $55! I showed the online kit to the clerk and asked WTF? She just shrugged and said nothing. I ordered the online kit and it $7 and change to ship it. Jeez.

Yeah I did. It has ads.

I'm sure the ads can be removed, although I'm not sure if it's legal. There are many guides over at XDA-Developers and they don't post illegal stuff (I think). For what is worth, the G5 Plus is awesome. Like a cheap Google Pixel.

Also, some of the geniuses over at XDA ported 64 bit ROMs to the phone, which is pretty great considering the phone is 64 bit capable but the awesome engineers of Lenovo are selling it with a 32 bit OS :)facepalm:). Does the Honor come with 64 bit Android? It's always hard to find good information about this particular thing.

Got my new phone. It's fantastic but I have to get an activation kit to use it. I looked at Walmart (I have Family Mobile) online and the "Bring Your Own Phone" kit is 99 cents.

I went to my local Walmart and their kit is $55! I showed the online kit to the clerk and asked WTF? She just shrugged and said nothing. I ordered the online kit and it $7 and change to ship it. Jeez.

Ship to store would have avoided that. I've been down that road when we had Straight Talk.

Should be a good phone for you, Celery. I've heard a lot of good about it. I am looking really hard at the 7x myself.

Nice, seems a similar spec to mine aside from the battery! Mines the 32GB UK spec model with 4GB RAM, looks like you've got 64GB? Shouldn't fill that any time soon!

https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_p2-8319.php

No way to use 64Gb. I have a 16Gb Moto G4 Play and I don't even use 10.

fv38XNq.png

However, I don't usually take a lot of pictures or record lengthy or high quality videos. Either way, that's what SD Cards are for, so 64Gb should be more than what any sane person needs :)

Mine's 3 gig ram 32 gig storage. I would've been fine with 16 gig which was the Galaxy S5.

This phone is light years ahead of the S5 but I would've been happy with the S5.

Guess what? He was back on Amazon under Mobile4U and he was gone quick. His asking price for new? $229

Amazon must be on to him because he's not there no more.

Back
Top Bottom