I Really Hate Itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so here's the problem. I recently got an 80 GB ipod classic. Got all my music in itunes and synced it up. But after that I realized I wanted it more organized (discrepancy in capital/lowercase artist names, mispellings, etc). So I manually organized and renamed a bunch of files in itunes so that when I synced it up it would show up how I want on my ipod.

well that worked fine and everything but of course the ipod froze up like always so I reset it. The next time I hooked it up to my computer and it "synced" it removed everything. So now I gotta sync it up again to get the music back on there. The problem is, everytime I connect the ipod to itunes, itunes goes not responding and freezes up. I'll try to connect the ipod first, not touch anything and let itunes do its thing, same problem. Or I'll be in itunes working fine and then connect the ipod and it crashes. It says I need to restore the ipod but can't do that if itunes is constantly dying.

Now I could easily ununstall/reinstall itunes to see if that'll help but like I mentioned I managed literally thousands of songs to get them onto the ipod just how I wanted. If I unintall/reinstall itunes will put the music on there how it originally was and not how I edited it right? I'm just super frustrated and hate apple/itunes. Please help thanks.
I feel your pain bro, I couldn't stand iTunes either so when my iPod died on me I bought a Zune 80 and life has been wonderful.

My suggestion is to either try MediaMonkey and/or WinAmp and use them to organize your collection and sync you iPod or you can edit the tags of your music using MP3Tag and continue using iTunes. I don't recommend using iTunes ever so I think you'd be better served by going with my first option/suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom