I need help on runnig some games

Status
Not open for further replies.

astro83ve

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I need some help, I have a Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz with 2GB RAM DDR Intel 865GBF motherboard. I have a MSI nVidia 5700 Ultra video card with 256MB RAM of Video. Now, I used to be able to run games la NFS Underground 1 and 2 in maximum resolution and all the effects on, but now in the 1024x768 resolution it moves very choppy and in the 800x600 it still moves slow only in the 640x480 res does it move reasonable fast with all effects on, I have the latest driver from nVidia installed and I have a 80GB Hitachi DeskStar hardisk many fans blowing to the motherboard couse it heats up increidibly, now I need to know what could be causing me this problem Halo also runs poorly either in max res with everything on or off and it also runs poor and the lowest res. Help!? what could be my problem anyone with an insight I will appreciate your reply. Thanks.

get a 6800GS if you have PCI-E 6800gt if you have agp, that will cure all of your gaming choppiness.

But what I need to know is why at one time it was running fine with that configuration all the games ran smoothly but now it doesnt. Of course I know that in buying new hardware all will work better but it doesnt justify just leaving this configuration to rot. It worked once well and it has to again. I dont know maybe the latest drivers arent so compatible or something. I have windows XP serv pack 2. plus the conf metioned above. thaks anyways.

back up your info, (includeing game saves) then reinstall windows, and all the drivers, it seems like a lot, but everything will work like new afterwards

also, make sure the inside of the computer is dust free, could be overheating

download everest - http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
and check the sensor to make sure it's an ok temp

all right I will test it out you theory, although I have formatted just a a little over a month plus I have 3 fans blowing to the motherboard and that pentium always heats a lot I changed the fan but kept the original aluminum cooler with the copper core and its contained it a little bit and dust I will check it again but is it possible the motherboard or processor have lost their peak performance, cause a i ran the video card on a lesser equiped machine and all the games ran marvelously. still thanks for the reply.

i have 6600 and it doesn't run NFS underground 2 fine at 1024x768 with maximum setting.

so of course 5700Ultra will not run it at max, just try to run it at 1024x768 or 800x600 at medium setting.

ya i was even suprised that you could even get a 5700 ultra to run NFSU 2 at max resolution, when 6600gt's have trouble doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom