I need a new camera.

Is there any reason you linked micro-SD cards instead of full size ones? Do you prefer using them over SD?

Also do you prefer G.Skill over Sandisk for a reason? I usually use SanDisk cards because they have been good for me.

Amazon.com - SanDisk-microSDHC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUA-032G-U46A . It's 32 GB, Class 10 (also UHS-1 but you said that's not needed, but it can't hurt to have it right?), only $24.

As far as the weight I meant it being a lot more then my current camera. :)

Those links were just for reference since they were the same cost, to show Class 6 vs Class 10. I just pulled Micro SD since that's what you'd end up using anyway if not full SD, and they had full sized adapters anyway. You can use either SD or MicroSD, doesn't really matter.

Brandwise, I've always been partial to Kingston, but there's nothing wrong with Sandisk. I've used them plenty. The lowest cost on that card that I can see right now is 29 bucks, so if you're okay shelling out a couple extra bucks over the ones I linked to (again, they were just references anyway) then that's cool. Since it's not all that more expensive for UHS, may as well get it. UHS is more used for live broadcasts from what I understand.

Those links were just for reference since they were the same cost, to show Class 6 vs Class 10. I just pulled Micro SD since that's what you'd end up using anyway if not full SD, and they had full sized adapters anyway. You can use either SD or MicroSD, doesn't really matter.

Brandwise, I've always been partial to Kingston, but there's nothing wrong with Sandisk. I've used them plenty. The lowest cost on that card that I can see right now is 29 bucks, so if you're okay shelling out a couple extra bucks over the ones I linked to (again, they were just references anyway) then that's cool. Since it's not all that more expensive for UHS, may as well get it. UHS is more used for live broadcasts from what I understand.

Ahhh ok gotcha. I thought maybe you were thinking it could be put in a phone to transfer/upload pictures.

Would there be any issue with more heat when using the microSd instead of SD? Like if I was doing a lot of shooting would/does the card heat up or slow down? I know on my old camera it kind of did but I think that was maybe because it was near the batteries.

OK thanks. :) I'd probably just go with the Sandisk then.

Side Question: How would an SD card be used for live broadcasting? :confused:

Another question I have.

I might be using this camera for videoing a lot and my current tripod has really jerky/sticky/stuttery panning.

What is a good tripod or brand of tripod that would have smooth panning? It needs to be rather tall as I am 6' 3" but the FujiFilm does have the tilting screen so that would kinda solve that I guess. :p

Maybe "real-time" is a better description instead of "live", lol. This is the excerpt from Secure Digital's website:

UHS-1: Full higher potential of recording real-time broadcasts and capturing large-size HD videos.

So basically, sounds like if you are recording directly to the card as opposed to recording on something else (say a standard computer HDD) and then transferring the file.

As for a tripod, depends on your budget. If you don't have much of one, Targus makes some inexpensive ones that still work, but they aren't going to be that fluid. I've come across this one but the "fluid" seems to be due to grease as opposed to hydraulics like on more expensive ones.

Amazon.com: Davis & Sanford Vista Fusion Tripod (Black): DAVIS & SANFORD: Camera & Photo

Maybe "real-time" is a better description instead of "live", lol. This is the excerpt from Secure Digital's website:

So basically, sounds like if you are recording directly to the card as opposed to recording on something else (say a standard computer HDD) and then transferring the file.

As for a tripod, depends on your budget. If you don't have much of one, Targus makes some inexpensive ones that still work, but they aren't going to be that fluid. I've come across this one but the "fluid" seems to be due to grease as opposed to hydraulics like on more expensive ones.

Amazon.com: Davis & Sanford Vista Fusion Tripod (Black): DAVIS & SANFORD: Camera & Photo

Ahhh ok thanks. :)

Yeah my current tripod is a Targus and the panning is terrible unless I go really really fast but small movements are very jerky. Even if I get that other tripod is there any way I can make it pan smoother? Like put some kind of grease/lube on it? I think it's plastic on plastic.

That tripod looks good and It's a good price too. What are the advantages of using hydraulic over grease? I didn't know about how panning worked. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom