i have some questions about the zune

Status
Not open for further replies.
thread turns apple bashing, consider this, zune is licensed by microsoft and is there attempt at 'killing' the apple ipod which has been out for some time. Well, so has the sansa and other mp3 players that introduced video playback(zomg shocker!), regardless, the zune offers alot of cool features, wallpapers, radio stations and video playback. Also, you can beam your music and photos back and forth to other zune holders.

now, you can use any mp3 distribution program to put songs onto the zune, although i haven't any real idea about using itunes which is pretty popular. If you do however decide on an ipod realize that the battery life on either of them is pretty shallow, roughly 4+ hours on the ipod and 5+ hours on the zune, there really made for large collections of music and trips. thus stocking up on accessories is a true must.

aside from that, if you are getting a zune, do yourself a favor and buy a wall charger and if you want playback in the car, DO NOT use the wireless sets. there expensive and the sound quality is terrible.

I bought my first ipod not to long ago, then it got stolen
So i bought a zune to replace it.

I can say that I enjoyed the zune more because the interface and everything looks better.. i mean they both do the same exact thing

Which is:
Play Music
Play Videos

So the only thing that separates them are the build quality and extra features.

The zune has BY FAR better build quality then my ipod. I dropped my zune so many times its not even funny, if i dropped my ipod (especially an ipod nano) it would break in two. Whats even cooler is that if you unplug your headphones while music is playing, the music or pauses. :D

I personally like the way you can use your finger on the ipod to scroll through songs, but its more fashion then function because it doesn't stop exactly where you want it to. I almost got a creative zen (i think thats what its called) instead of my ipod because i thought it would be easier.

When comparing interface i think the Zune looks alot cooler. When you switch from menu to menu it fades in and out and the background pushes back... its really neat.

The only thing i dont like about the zune is that it is so bulky and heavy, and my friends think that the ipod is better because of its overall size.

Overall.. they do the same thing.. play music, watch videos.

Personally i would get a creative media player if you want to watch movies and if you want to just play music, buy a cheap mp3 player.

Im going to wait another couple years before upgrading my mp3 player because they wont change much for a while.

Sorry guys.. i had to write this long story cause of all this bs that is going on this thread. :D

xbox n xbox 360 suck compared to ps3
mac doesn't have a game console if they did im sure it would be better than a 360 because everything apple does owns microsoft
Seriously.. grow up

They are both huge companies... they both want the same thing, money.

They dont give a (you know what) about the consumers, all they want is for you to buy there product.

I only favor the product thats the best currently. In fact i hate microsoft. They bought out a linux distro just to scare other distros. But guess what, i have a Xbox 360, Vista and XP.

Whenever Apple shows me something better then what i have, i will buy it.

Stop being silly fanboys and keep these threads filled with pure information.

Apple just makes already bad products idiot-proof then triples the price to the consumer...

MAC OSX sucks. Its BSD screwed up really bad. They built it on top of BSD...without any consideration for the way BSD works. You have BSD customizability on the BSD base, but the MAC OS things are still as uncustomizable and ****** as ever.

If I didn't have a linux distro, I'd run windows.

If I didn't have a linux distro, and found a mac, I'd pawn it.

Apple just makes already bad products idiot-proof then triples the price to the consumer...

MAC OSX sucks. Its BSD screwed up really bad. They built it on top of BSD...without any consideration for the way BSD works. You have BSD customizability on the BSD base, but the MAC OS things are still as uncustomizable and ****** as ever.

If I didn't have a linux distro, I'd run windows.

If I didn't have a linux distro, and found a mac, I'd pawn it.

Im running Ubuntu, Xp, and vista

You can run all 3 on one computer you know.

Its called dual-booting (triple booting in my case)
Google it

(edit) I reread your post and i misunderstood what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom