I hate starbucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmatt

The Bulldog
This is actually my second attmept at writing this, my crapbook's battery ran out half way through typing this up. 5hours my ***.....

Anyways, I've been having a recurring issue with Starbucks as of late. I don't know if it's just the Starbucks here or if they only hire idiots now, but this has gotten me to give up Starbucks. Anyways, on to the issue.

I like my coffee one way and one way only. A hazelnut espresso with white chocolate. I know that sounds pretty fancy and pretentious, but I have seen much worse, especially in Starbucks. The things I've seen people pour into their coffee to make it not taste like coffee. So, every coffee house (and I mean a real coffee house) that I have ever been to has been able to make this. I tell them what I want and they say cool and make it. No fuss, and it tastes great most of the time. But every time I have gone to Starbucks and have asked for one I get a blank stare in return, some common responses include; "So do you want a latte?" , "what?", and my favorite, uncomfortable silence. Like most things, you can tell if someone knows what they are talking about, by their ability to carry a conversation. Silence means they really don't know ****. Starbucks employees fall into this category. The thing that really ****es me off the most is when they act like they know what a hazelnut espresso with chocolate is, and then they make something else and act like I'm the one with the issue.

I have also been told that if you order a regular black coffee they will laugh at you.
[/rant]

So yeah I'm ****ed, and I bet I'm not the only one. If anyone has some Starbucks hate to spread, or just frustration with anything, vent it here. This is the vent thread!

Been to Starbucks all of one time. After I saw the prices I doubt I will be back.

I am not a coffee fanatic. I have to add enough stuff to it to kill the taste. I went for a black tea chai, but about choked on the total.

It's coffee/tea, people, not gold.

NSFW. Contains language and mature themes

I will just leaves these here.

I am more of a Gloria Jeans person. I used to tollerate starsmucks, but I have found that both the coffee and service has been in recent times.

nuff sed. :p

It's so true! i hate those cups. I want a coffee cup, not some disposable styrafoam crap.

coffee-mug.jpg

Is it too much to ask for?

Starbucks needs to work on thier point of sales system. Not sure about other countries, but down in Australia, they all the ordered are manually handed over the staff that make the office. It's the tranditional piece of paper stuck on the side of the coffee maker. This might be all good in you for all those smaller cafes that are away from the heat of the city. However in a busy place, it does not work. All the newer order gets buried ontop of the of the older orders. So if you happen be at first person in line before a sudden rush of customers. You can count of your coffee being one of the last ones to be served.
This is one of the reasons why I rather go to Gloria Jeans for my trendy cup of coffee. At least every thing where is on computer so I konw that they run on first in first out basis.

2nd last time I was at a starsmucks, after waiting a long time, I noticed the person behind me got his drink before me. And i was running out of time as I needed to meet up with some people. Before hand, I had some time to have a quick coffee. Now I just don't. I had to argue with the manager on duty to get my money back. It was not until I pick up my phone saying that I have a freind who is a health inspector* and would you like him to come down for a visit some time was when I got my money back.

The last time I when into Starsmucks, about 1/2 the crowd behind me got thier drinks before me. It was not until i finally got the manager on duty's attension and just blunty put it "Just WTF is going on with my order. All these other people have been getting drinks. I am still waiting for mine"
Shortly after, I did give me my drink and a free drink voucher. This voucher is still sitting in my wallet 12 months later.

Mike, if you still happen to work at starbucks HQ and you don't feel like reprograming the POS system, could you please tell Starbucks Australia that I can help with their queuing & service problems by selling them a Turn-O-Matic ticketing system. Because currently the customer management in place is non-existant.

* Bit of a lie. I don't have a friend how is a health inspector. However i do have a friend in local coucil who can make arrange for those type of people to visit food shop.

I've never been to Starbucks.

Recently my buddy and I were heading to a Five Guys (amazing fricken burgers) and we parked in the back cause the front was full. As we walked around the corner, we found ourselves in a Starbucks with a drive thru. So we walked up the drive thru to make a shortcut to Five Guys. I heard some young girl putting in her order. She got two drinks which totaled out to 8.50 or something.

At Five Guys, I paid 50 cents more and got a bangin double bacon cheeseburger, loaded with jalapeno peppers, hot sauce, a1 sauce, extra cheese, onions, lettuce, mustard, ketchup... I also got a large bag of fries and unlimited refills on any fountain soda they had available.

Starbucks.
You suck.
That is all.

I hate the whole attitude of the place. I never feel welcome.

Tim Hortons is the only coffee chain that will get my money. And oh, do they get a lot of it.

I just go to mc donalds and get the iced coffee/latte from there, much cheaper.

ii used to go to starbucks but its just too expensive and not all that.

I like starbucks. You can spend a lot on a coffee drink, or not a lot on a coffee drink. I've spent 10 bucks on 2 drinks, but it took like half an hour to say... I do agree it's silly to say you want a coffee and then have them like look at you and go GURL WTFCHU SAYIN?!!??!!?

I still love starbucks and dunkin donuts equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom