I got mad at gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
L4D imo is the most overrated game I have seen in awhile. I can't believe another zombie game can get so much attention. The attention to detail is lacking, the weapons are lacking but yet people really enjoy it. I myself bought this game for the 360 since my friends said it was so great and it got such good reviews. The next day I sold it on criagslist.

The zombie mode in COD WAW is better then L4D...

L4d is really streamlined and simple. It offers NOTHING except killing zombies. In my experience you need friends to really enjoy this game. Its online play is really fun, but I think its much better with 8 friends at a LAN or just a few friends over for the weekend to run through the maps on coop.

For those people spawning 24 bots in CSS and arming them only with knives in the hopes of simulating, in someway, a zombie apocalypse, l4d really delivers.

L4d is really streamlined and simple. It offers NOTHING except killing zombies. In my experience you need friends to really enjoy this game. Its online play is really fun, but I think its much better with 8 friends at a LAN or just a few friends over for the weekend to run through the maps on coop.

For those people spawning 24 bots in CSS and arming them only with knives in the hopes of simulating, in someway, a zombie apocalypse, l4d really delivers.

You call it streamlined, I call it bland. I find it interesting that you guys shoot down Far Cry 2 for being repetitive when L4D has even less variety. At least Far Cry allows some distractions form the killing.

It's only different in the aspect of weapons spawning and attacks. Other then that you can play that game for 20 minutes and see everything that game has to offer. The enemies, the weapons, everything is exposed right away.

I think the fact it's so challenging on the hardest settings with some friends is about the only reason to give it credit at all.

You guys are treating l4d like an adventure game. It has zero story. The characters are so far removed from each "movie" they might as well have 4 different ppl for each camp.

Dust2 is the most played map in CSS. I can't count how many times I've played it. Final Destination is my favorite map in Brawl...its all I play. I have friends who play the C&Cs...they play scrin and have NO idea what the game is about, but they love online play (21th and 30th ranked players in the world back in 08) and playing comp stomp with me. Same as starcraft....my best friend pretty much knows zerg...that's it. He's really good though and in his years before college.

These games have potentially endless replay value.

In the end, its simply a mod based off an old engine.

They could easily have sold it for $20 on launch and made profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom