I fix my sub woofer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
Last year I posted how my sub was generating so much pressure facing down that it was clipping and shutting the amp down. So I laid it sideways but that look horrible. the original legs were 4 1/2 feet long.

I just made the legs 12 inces long and it eliminated the problem. the bass is deeper but I lose a lot of upper bass. I might have to tweak the parametric eq

Stereo2010001.jpg

Right. I did it last year.

the spec was something like this.

port frequency 22.69 hz
f3 was 21.60
12 cubic ft

a kove armeggon power by a 500 watt sub amp from part express. I'm going there Saturday to get another or a 1400 watt crown amp

Right. I did it last year.

the spec was something like this.

port frequency 22.69 hz
f3 was 21.60
12 cubic ft

a kove armeggon power by a 500 watt sub amp from part express. I'm going there Saturday to get another or a 1400 watt crown amp

Your neighbours must hate you, that thing must vibrate the house down.

You should do one of them video's showing everything vibrating..

I might do that.

our new house has a lot of distances between houses, so that is a good thing

Hmmm, something like this might be happening to me too. Playing a movie in the movie room I just setup, whenever a particularly loud part plays the dvd player stops. lol

How come that things like $300, when a hi-fi power amp such as > Stereophile: Rotel RB 1080 power amplifier only offers around 200wpc and yet is $1000+

oh. you seen my rotel amp in the picture.

the difference is attention to detail. pro amp are design to play loud for long periods of time.
good home amps were design to sound great first.

here is a easy way for me to explain it to you

get any decent tweeter. put a 2.2 mfd electrolytic cap on it. listen to it. then try a mylar cap of the same value. you will notice that it will sound a lot better. not put a metal propylene cap on it of the same value. the tweeter will now sound a lot purer.

now the 2.2 electrolytic cap will cost a dollar. the mylar will cost 10. the metal propylene will cost 20-300.00 depending on which one you buy. they are a lot cheaper at parts express but still expensive

in the more expensive amp they use the more expensive caps to put in the signal chain. they used the more expensive parts in general in resistor, chokes and output transistors

nobody would run a pro amp (which use a lot of of extra generic parts for their reliabilty) on high quality speakers. for one you will likely blow your speaker. but they make the perfect choice for sub power as your sub doesn't have to have the finest details

rotel amp are supposed to sound as good as the 5,000.00 amp. I don't know if that's true, but they sound wonderful with my paradigm monitor 11v3. btw the amp is rated for 200wpc. did you see what it actually does. 50% more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom