I can't seem to get my...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the latest drivers for your card?

Sadly, yes. Lost 5-10fps because of it and I can't find the old driver.

@Patonb
Ya the card is running cuda for sure but like you said there isn't a reason it shouldn't work.
It is just a media card but it's got the prereqs to fold. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out.

sorry to jack your thread but... what's folding? Ive seen the term thrown around a couple times and would like to learn what it is.

Folding is a University research program, by Stanford University, that is modelling how proteins fold and cause things like cancer, MS and other ailments.

It runs like SETI, where small parts of the simulation are calculated, worked on by you, and uploaded to them, for anaylsis and further work by others, to continue on the simulation.

It can be done with your computers downtime, or using alot of your computers cpu, or some folks build high end systems to just work on the science.

Thats just a synapsis... Heres the Offical pages:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/FoldingFAQ.pdf

Its one of many out there... I haven't looked into the others really, but do know the university has released a few papers from the reseach, however some are on the computer process end of the research.

I'm happy to help them when I can, which unitl Yesterday, has been 3 yrs straight... /its een way too hot to run my cards AND my AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom